Sponsored Webinar: The Role of School Counseling and Smart College Application Lists
A student’s final college application list represents many dedicated hours between a student, the student’s family and school counselor. Yet, even with all the time invested by everyone, the unfortunate reality is too many students may not complete all their college applications, may not have a viable college option to meet their needs at the end of senior year or may even withdraw or transfer in their first year if they do go to college. Hear why college lists matter to student outcomes, lessons learned in college counseling program design that led to targeted successful student outcomes and what this means to you in terms of strategies and resources.
Sponsored by myOptions Encourage
If you’re interested in earning CEUs for this webinar, register for the CEU exam visit the Online Store, click on the Specialist Training/Exams section and do a keyword search for this webinar.
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Define a balanced college list
- Explain how a balanced college list contributes to successful postsecondary outcomes for students
- Describe short-term and long-term practices that worked at two successful college counseling programs
- Define your role as a school counselor or department lead in helping students build their balanced college lists
- Bryan Contreras, VP, myOptions Encourage
- Donald Kamentz, Founder & CEO, Contigo Ed
Sept. 8, 2022, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
*Please note, you DO NOT need to register for this webinar. The webinar will be uploaded here on Sept. 8, 2022 at 11 a.m. Eastern
School Counselor/Principal Collaboration: Build Social Capital for Student Success
Episode 32: Matthew K. Shervington, 2023 School Counselor of the Year Finalist
Featured Finalist: Matthew Shervington-Jackson
2023 School Counselor of the Year: Meredith Lindsey Draughn
Episode 31: Meredith Draughn, 2023 School Counselor of the Year
2023 School Counselor of the Year State Roll Call Batch 4
2023 School Counselor of the Year State Roll Call Batch 3