Making MTSS Work
Comprehensive school counseling programs (CSCPs) and multitiered systems of support (MTSS) work in tandem to provide a systemic, data-driven, equity-focused framework to support all students’ academic, career, behavioral, and social/emotional functioning. Learn how to align MTSS with CSCPs, such as the ASCA National Model. Presenters will discuss MTSS/CSCP alignment using examples from ASCA’s newest book: Making MTSS Work which will be available in Fall 2020. Gain related information on school counseling delivery, the use of data, cultural responsivity, and evidence-based practices, broken down by the three tiers. Download handout here.
Earn 0.1 CEUs/1 contact hours for this webinar by purchasing and passing the corresponding quiz found in the Specialists and Exams section of the Online Store. Search by keyword of the webinar title to find the exam in the online store. CEU exams are available for three years following the live webinar.
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify key components of the alignment between comprehensive school counseling programs and MTSS.
- List evidence-based school counseling practices to use at each tier.
- Identify strategies to strengthen data collection, analysis and the use of related tools within a comprehensive school counseling program, emphasizing outcome data.
- Emily Goodman-Scott, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Old Dominion University
- Jennifer Betters-Bubon, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- Jacob Olsen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, California State University Long Beach
- Peg Donohue, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Central Connecticut State University
Original air date: July 22, 2020
Use the Nurtured Heart Approach as a Trauma Informed Approach
Use DeBono's Six Thinking Hats for Success During Critical Student Meetings
Sponsored Webinar: Reigniting CCR: Refocus Your CCR Efforts to Support Students in Transitions
Three Tech Tools to Enhance Your School Counseling Program
Episode 16: School Counseling and Males of Color
Suicide Risk Assessments Pose Legal Risk to School Counselors
Episode 15: Celebrate Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month