Ignite Change for Equity and Inclusion
Learn practical action steps to interrupt racism and create systemic change at the school level through self-reflection, staff reflection and education activities and anti-bias student lessons. Walk away ready to ignite change for equity and inclusion of all students. Download accompanying handout here.
Earn 0.1 CEUs/1 contact hours for this webinar by purchasing and passing the corresponding quiz found in the Specialists and Exams section of the Online Store. CEU exams are available for 3 years following the live webinar.
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify areas of personal bias and increase cultural competency through self-reflection activities.
- Create professional development activities for school-level staff to explore systems of the school negatively affecting students of color.
- Create K–12 anti-bias lesson plans.
- Rebecca Atkins, Senior Administrator for Elementary School Counseling, Wake County Public Schools, Cary, NC
- Alicia Oglesby, Director of School & College Counseling, Wake County Public Schools, Cary, N.C.
Original air date: Sept. 18, 2019
Use the Nurtured Heart Approach as a Trauma Informed Approach
Use DeBono's Six Thinking Hats for Success During Critical Student Meetings
Sponsored Webinar: Reigniting CCR: Refocus Your CCR Efforts to Support Students in Transitions
Three Tech Tools to Enhance Your School Counseling Program
Episode 16: School Counseling and Males of Color
Suicide Risk Assessments Pose Legal Risk to School Counselors
Episode 15: Celebrate Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month