Ignite Change for Equity and Inclusion
Learn practical action steps to interrupt racism and create systemic change at the school level through self-reflection, staff reflection and education activities and anti-bias student lessons. Walk away ready to ignite change for equity and inclusion of all students. Download accompanying handout here.
Earn 0.1 CEUs/1 contact hours for this webinar by purchasing and passing the corresponding quiz found in the Specialists and Exams section of the Online Store. CEU exams are available for 3 years following the live webinar.
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify areas of personal bias and increase cultural competency through self-reflection activities.
- Create professional development activities for school-level staff to explore systems of the school negatively affecting students of color.
- Create K–12 anti-bias lesson plans.
- Rebecca Atkins, Senior Administrator for Elementary School Counseling, Wake County Public Schools, Cary, NC
- Alicia Oglesby, Director of School & College Counseling, Wake County Public Schools, Cary, N.C.
Original air date: Sept. 18, 2019
The First 20 Days
DC Training: Day 3 (November 18, 2021)
Back-to-School: Supporting Students in their Return to School
2021 ASCA Annual Conference Wrap-up
Sponsored Webinar: Reigniting CCR- Lessons Learned from Launching a CCR Program
Sponsored Webinar: Year in Review- What Changes are Here to Stay
Back to School for Graduate Students