Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
Discover a set of critical practices for anti-bias, social justice education to help enhance teaching and learning. Understand 20 critical practices, which are organized into four categories: instruction, classroom culture, family and community engagement and teacher leadership. Hear specific examples of strategies and suggestions for schoolwide implementation.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Discuss intergroup awareness, understanding and skills.
- Create school environments that reflect diversity, equity and justice.
- Engage families and communities in meaningful and culturally competent ways.
- Implement an anti-bias curriculum as part of larger individual, school and community action.
- Use instructional strategies supporting diverse learning styles and allow for the development of critical thinking skills
Sara Wicht is an educational consultant with more than 20 years of experience in K-12 education. Her work in social justice and anti-bias education includes expertise in instructional practice, teacher mentoring, professional development, curriculum design and educational publishing.
Original air date: March 21, 2017
College Planning Small Groups
Sponsored Webinar: Implement Programming & Leverage Community Resources to Help Students Build a Balanced College List
ASCA Night at the Movies: Our Turn to Talk
Legal and Ethical Considerations: Suicidal Risk & Informational Gathering
Support Latinx Students