2020 School Counselor of the Year Finalist Panel: Agents of Change in School Counseling
Through leadership, advocacy, innovative practices and a direct focus on equitable outcomes, school counselors possess the power to act as agents of change within their buildings. Engage in an interactive Q&A presentation with the 2020 ASCA School Counselor of the Year finalists to learn more about their school counseling programs, their journeys to develop student-focused programs and best practices that served as the catalyst in allowing them to offer data-informed services to students. Through this audience-driven presentation, school counselors will learn how to identify and implement effective strategies to use as they become agents of change for all students. Download accompanying handout here.
Earn 0.1 CEUs/1 contact hours for this webinar by purchasing and passing the corresponding quiz found in the Specialists and Exams section of the Online Store. Search by keyword of the webinar title to find the exam in the online store. CEU exams are available for three years following the live webinar.
After attending this session, you will be able to:
- Explain how to use data to assess and address student needs and to advocate for the school counselor’s role.
- Locate ready-to-use tools and techniques you can use to implement a student-focused program.
- Laura Ross, 2020 School Counselor of the Year, School Counselor, Five Forks Middle School, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Julie Taylor, School Counselor of the Year Finalist, School Counselor, Starr Elementary School, Oregon, Ohio
- Amanda Jo Bustamante, School Counselor of the Year Finalist, School Counselor, Paso Del Norte School, El Paso, Tx.
- Jennifer Kline, School Counselor of the Year Finalist, School Counselor, Festus High School, Festus, Mo.
Original air date: June 22, 2020
Use the Nurtured Heart Approach as a Trauma Informed Approach
Use DeBono's Six Thinking Hats for Success During Critical Student Meetings
Sponsored Webinar: Reigniting CCR: Refocus Your CCR Efforts to Support Students in Transitions
Three Tech Tools to Enhance Your School Counseling Program
Episode 16: School Counseling and Males of Color
Suicide Risk Assessments Pose Legal Risk to School Counselors
Episode 15: Celebrate Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month