Virtual High School Counseling: Tier 1 How-to
School counseling at the high school level during a pandemic, or other times when virtual school counseling is required, may feel overwhelming at first. The positive news is that school counselors have been successfully offering online student support, addressing the unique needs facing students at the high school level, for more than a decade in virtual schools across the nation. Learn about various ways to provide Tier 1 school counseling services virtually to your high school students. Download handout here.
Earn 0.1 CEUs/1 contact hours for this webinar by purchasing and passing the corresponding quiz found in the Specialists and Exams section of the Online Store. Search by keyword of the webinar title to find the exam in the online store. CEU exams are available for three years following the live webinar.
After viewing this webinar you should be able to:
- Discuss best practices when working with high school students and families in a virtual setting.
- Identify and locate various technology tools and resources to aid you in your virtual high school counseling.
- Describe at least one lesson you can use when counseling your high school students virtually.
- Tracy Steele, Ph.D., Director of Student Support, Stanford Online High School
- Adam Lips, Ed.D., Director of College Counseling at Stanford Online High School
- Greg Nuckols, Ph.D., Director of Counseling at Stanford Online High School
Original air date: May 6, 2020
Sponsored Webinar: Reigniting CCR- Lessons Learned from Launching a CCR Program
Sponsored Webinar: Year in Review- What Changes are Here to Stay
Back to School for Graduate Students
Sponsored Webinar: Reigniting CCR: Build Key Partnerships for Expanding Your CCR Program
Get the Most Out of the ASCA Conference
CAEP SPA Reviewing
2021 ASCA Delegate Assembly