College is a match to be made, not a prize to be won, and crafting a balanced college list is essential to students’ success in matching to the right college. In the complex, complicated landscape of college options, you are poised as a school counselor to support students and engage families through this process. Learn to develop and maintain a strong college list-building practice into your school counseling program so students are prepared for all the college application process entails. Download handout here.
Sponsored by MyOptions Encourage
Each webinar is worth 0.1 CEUs/1 contact hour. After you’ve viewed a particular webinar, purchase the corresponding quiz from the Specialists and Exams section of the Online Store.
After viewing the webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain how to use data to support students in building a college list
- Facilitate and support college list building with individual, small-group and classroom lessons
- Strategize how to engage families within the college list building and application process
- Develop a timeline for implementation across grade levels
- Kayla Ritter Rickels; Senior Manager, Community Engagement; Encourage
- Kelsi Goins; Assistant Director of Admissions; University of Cincinnati
Sept. 29, 2022, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Eastern