In part two of the myOptions Encourage spring 2023 learning series, continue the conversation on career fit and the importance of showing students the emerging job markets and value of all postsecondary credentials. Focusing on four-year college degree completion isn’t enough to meet students’ diverse needs. Get a glimpse into the world of work students will enter, which is evolving dramatically, as well as the career advising tools and resources to consider. Get insights on the critical connections to make between high school and postsecondary education, how to find local labor market resources and how to identify rewarding postsecondary options with your students.
Sponsored by myOptions Encourage
After viewing the webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of career exploration and advising in a student’s college decision and academic program
- Describe how students define a positive postsecondary experience
- Identify three ways to empower students in grades 9–16 to connect to rewarding jobs and careers
- Locate and access local labor market tools and resources to advise students
- Identify tools, resources and tactics to help students through college into career
- Bryan Contreras, Vice President, myOptions Encourage
- Norma Rey-Alicea, Co-Founder, NEXTGEN Talent
Video will air on May 4, 2023, 12-1 p.m. EDT. Registration is not required.