NCAA Eligibility Center Overview and Updates
Learn critical information for supporting prospective student-athletes, including the academic requirements students must meet to be eligible at the college level, as well as school counselors’ role in the NCAA Eligibility Center process. Special attention will be given to the new SAT, online courses and the core-course review process. Download handout here.
Earn 0.1 CEUs/1 contact hours for this webinar by purchasing and passing the corresponding quiz found in the Specialists and Exams section of the Online Store. Search by keyword of the webinar title to find the exam in the online store. CEU exams are available for three years following the live webinar.
After attending this session, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of NCAA initial eligibility and its relationship with college readiness and success.
- Identify academic requirements students must meet to be eligible for NCAA athletics.
- Discuss the role high school counselors play in the process.
- Amy Routt, Associate Director of High School Review, Eligibility Center, National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Kaylen Overlay, Assistant Director of High School Review, Eligibility Center, National Collegiate Athletic Association
Original air date: June 4, 2020