Culturally Sustaining Social/Emotional Learning
Social/emotional learning is an integral part of education and something school counselors should focus developing in their students as part of their school counseling program. “SEL can help address various forms of inequity and empower young people and adults to co-create thriving schools and contribute to safe, healthy, and just communities” (CASEL). Walk away with strategies to implement SEL interventions to support diverse students and teachers and to help you create more positive school climates in your school. Download Accompanying Handout
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Strategize ways to work with students to support social/emotional learning skills and mindsets for diverse students
- Brainstorm interventions that help increase teacher wellness
- Identify unique cultural considerations and strategies when working with diverse students, including English-language learners.
- Citlali Estela Molina, Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Tyler
- Dominique Hill, School Counselor, Williamson County Schools, Franklin, Tenn.
Original air date: June 16, 2022
School Counselor/Principal Collaboration: Build Social Capital for Student Success
Episode 32: Matthew K. Shervington, 2023 School Counselor of the Year Finalist
Featured Finalist: Matthew Shervington-Jackson
2023 School Counselor of the Year: Meredith Lindsey Draughn
Episode 31: Meredith Draughn, 2023 School Counselor of the Year
2023 School Counselor of the Year State Roll Call Batch 4
2023 School Counselor of the Year State Roll Call Batch 3