Celebrate College Signing Day Online
ASCA is pleased to join Reach Higher and NACAC to help you plan your best College Signing Day celebration yet, especially online. Former First Lady Michelle Obama is committed to helping students reach higher by completing their education past high school. She continues to celebrate College Signing Day through Reach Higher to recognize the hard work of students to pursue and complete their postsecondary education, whether at a two-year school, four-year university or through an industry-recognized credential or the military. Reach Higher encourages you to celebrate College Signing Day online, virtually, and via social media to recognize students’ efforts and accomplishments. During this webinar, Reach Higher, which is now at the Common App, will share a toolkit to help you host a signing day celebration online with your students and introduce you to new partners to help you make this your best signing day yet. Download handout.
Earn 0.1 CEUs/1 contact hours for this webinar by purchasing and passing the corresponding quiz found in the Specialists and Exams section of the Online Store. Search on the webinar title to find the exam in the online store. CEU exams are available for 3 years following the live webinar.
After viewing this webinar you should be able to:
- Celebrate College Signing Day with students and your communities, including digital options
- Share details of your signing day celebrations with the Reach Higher/Better Make Room team
- Remain involved with Mrs. Obama’s college-completion effort
- Katherine Pastor, Chair, ASCA Board of Directors, and School Counselor, Flagstaff High School, Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Laura Ross, 2020 School Counselor of the Year
- Meredith Lombardi, Associate Director, Outreach and Education, Common App
Original air date: March 24, 2020
Use the Nurtured Heart Approach as a Trauma Informed Approach
Use DeBono's Six Thinking Hats for Success During Critical Student Meetings
Sponsored Webinar: Reigniting CCR: Refocus Your CCR Efforts to Support Students in Transitions
Three Tech Tools to Enhance Your School Counseling Program
Episode 16: School Counseling and Males of Color
Suicide Risk Assessments Pose Legal Risk to School Counselors
Episode 15: Celebrate Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month