ASCA National Model, 4th Edition: Define
School counseling standards for students and professional practice serve as the defining documents of the school counseling profession. Explore the three sets of standards that help new and experienced school counselors develop, implement, and assess their school counseling program. Download accompanying handout.
After viewing this webinar, you should be able to:
- Identify the three sets of standards that help school counselors develop, implement, and assess their school counseling program.
- Discuss the relevant research and appropriate use of the Student Standards.
- Explain how the Professional Standards & Competencies facilitate practical reflection and set personal goals for continuing education.
- Dr. Karen Griffith, ASCA Certified Trainer
- Mark Kuranz, ASCA Certified Trainer
Original air date: Aug. 2, 2019
Use the Nurtured Heart Approach as a Trauma Informed Approach
Use DeBono's Six Thinking Hats for Success During Critical Student Meetings
Sponsored Webinar: Reigniting CCR: Refocus Your CCR Efforts to Support Students in Transitions
Three Tech Tools to Enhance Your School Counseling Program
Episode 16: School Counseling and Males of Color
Suicide Risk Assessments Pose Legal Risk to School Counselors
Episode 15: Celebrate Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month