Address Postsecondary Readiness at the Middle Level
Learn strategies to help your middle level students explore colleges, discover career interests and build soft skills. Hear simple tips to motivate students and incentivize a postsecondary readiness program in a way that is inclusive and accessible for all. Walk away with sample activities to get the program started, and discover ways to use data to capture student voice and evaluate the program. Based on the needs of your students and availability of local options, learn how to tailor a meaningful college and career exploration experience for your middle school.
After viewing this webinar you will be able to:
- Implement strategies into your core college and career counseling program to engage all students.
- Infuse technology-based experiences to create simple activities and lessons.
- Identify ways to collaborate within your school and community.
- Integrate local existing college and career resources with your incentive program.
- Laurie Tristan, Lead Counselor, MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School, Santa Ana, CA
- Christine Silva, School Counselor, MacArthur Intermediate School, Santa Ana, CA
Original air date: March 3, 2021
Careers Your Students Should Know About: Construction
Choice-Driven Career Awareness in Elementary School
21st-Century Career Advising
Careers Your Students Should Know About: Career Shadow Program
Careers Your Students Should Know About: Jewelry
Careers Your Students Should Know About: Culinary Arts and Hospitality
Test-Free & Test-Optional College Admissions